LEVIN RATTLING SOUND

2000 Toyota Trueno

mondzster

November, 29, 2010 AT 2:45 AM

I have a 2000 toyota levin bzr and the mechanic on the dealership where I bought it changed the front suspension and when I went pick it up and theres a very loud metallic rattling sound on the front passenger side suspention specially on a dry hot weather. And the mechanic says they couldn figure it out how it became like that. So could you plz help me figure it out?

November, 29, 2010 AT 3:43 PM

Without the physical vehicle, it is almost impossible to diagnose noise problems unless you can provide a clear description of the symptoms.
When does the rattling occurs?
Under what type of road or driving conditions?
How does the rattling sound like?
Are there any other information that you can provide?

mondzster

November, 30, 2010 AT 6:23 AM

Most of the time it rattles. When I turn to corners, humps or just normal cruise specially on a hot and dry weather or when im on a stop the rattle appears but when I rev it a little itl disappear.
Its so hard to figure it out.I will post a photo of my car later when its not raining. Thanx

November, 30, 2010 AT 1:22 PM

Rattling when vehicle is stopped indicates it has nothing to do with suspension or drive trains.

Something is loose and most likely a metal plate or pipe is not secured. Possibly foreign matters has found its way into the engine compartment and don't be surprised if you find a spanner somewhere inside.

Look out for loose components such heat shields, broken exhaust mounts or untightened bolts. Give the catalytic converter some banging to ensure the internals are intact.

mondzster

December, 3, 2010 AT 10:20 AM

Ok I will give it a go. Thnx.

Oil Change and Filter Replacement Subaru
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement Ford Explorer