2000 Toyota Sienna Car not accelerating

CHRIS SALAMONE
  • 2000 TOYOTA SIENNA
I removed the wiper cowling and the air filter case in an unsuccessful attempt to change the rear spark plugs ( realized I need to remove the intake manifold).
After putting things back together the car starts but will not accelerate until I have spent several minutes revving the car in the driveway. Do you think think I damaged the mass air sensor of did something to throttle?
Monday, December 2nd, 2013 AT 4:50 PM

Make sure everything is properly attached to the sensors. Once it warms up, does it run okay?
-1
Monday, December 2nd, 2013 AT 5:36 PM
CHRIS SALAMONE
It was misfiring for several weeks that is why I tried to change the plugs. I changed out the front 3 and it was running much better, until I tried to change the rear plugs.
I was able to get one rear coil out, but couldn't get the plug out, so I put everything back together until I had time to complete the job. Now it doesn't accelerate at all until it warms up. However even when warm it idles rough, runs very choppy, and will sometimes hesitate when trying to accelerate both on the highway and from a dead stop.
Thanks!
-1
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 AT 8:53 AM
Has the check engine light come on to indicate a misfire? If so, is it one of the cylinders you were working on? This has to be related to what you did and is most likely a simple fix.
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 AT 9:02 AM
CHRIS SALAMONE
Yes the check engine light did come on and it does seem to be misfiring more than before. Perhaps when I took the back coil wire off, I didn't reattach it properly. I think I need to finish the job of changing the plugs. The coils packs are very expensive on the sienna's, any way to check which ones are misfiring?

Thanks! Big help!
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 AT 11:06 AM
If the check engine light has come on, the codes you get from the computer should indicate which cylinders are misfiring.
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 AT 4:25 PM