I have a number of problems.

PARTISAN
  • 2000 TOYOTA CORONA

Hi

i have a number of problems that require assistance:
1. When I disconnect the oxygen sensor located at the exhaust manifold, check engine light doesnt come on, nor does it show any error codes with a diagnosis machine.

2. I noticed that the spark plugs are turning brown on 2 diffrent occasions when I serviced the car, at the beginning of the white part, is this an indication of compression problems?What can I do abt it?

3. I notice high fuel consumption 4km/l I tried cleaning the throttle body, it worked however the problem recurred when my exhaust was fixed.
i have tried changing the oxygen sensor to no avail.
4. The fuel light comes on even when fuel is above "e" level then goes off as I step on the brakes only when I add significant fuel does it go off.

Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 2:22 AM

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first. If no codes check fuses underhood as well as under dash and check connections at aldl.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, December 7th, 2012 AT 2:24 PM
PARTISAN

Thank you will try the recomended action.

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 12:20 PM
PARTISAN

Question I have noticed that at high revs, I note a pungent smell sulphur /rotten eggs suspected to be coming from the catalytic converter, should I change it nadd does it have any effect on the fuel consumption?
Thanks.

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 12:39 PM

Did you do what I suggested first?

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 3:41 PM

Help us by donating