CURRENTLY HAVE CEL ON AND THE CAR WONT GO PAST ...

2000 Toyota Celica

Anonymous

February, 14, 2013 AT 4:35 AM

Currently have cel on and the car won't go past 3000 rpm even when I am going 70 mph on the highway. Recently had the fuel system flushed because car would not go past 2500 rpm and 55 mph on the highway. NTB where I took it said that might help after reporting a P0420 code for the reason for the light. Recently have had new spark plugs installed and front wheel bearings. Oil change done and transmission fluid is good. I do hear a squealing when I first start the car that I think is the timing belt. My car is automatic but when I don't let it warm up it is unable to properly change gears and well stay at a lower gear even though the high rpms. What could be wrong and what should the next steps I take?

Front Wheel Bearing

Jacobandnickolas

February, 14, 2013 AT 4:40 AM

I think you have a plugged catalytic converter. Check that and let me know what you find. As far as the belt noise you hear when started, it wouldn't be the timing belt. It can't slip. The transmission's delay to shift cold could be a few things. You may have a bad shift solenoid. Also, seals in the clutch pack. Valve body. Could be getting dry and hard allowing fluid to bypass them. When it warms up, the ATF expands and the problem could go away.

Wheel Bearing Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement