I replaced my headlight relay and my headlights.

ANONYMOUS
  • 2000 TOYOTA CAMRY
  • 162 MILES

I replaced my headlight relay and my headlights worked for two days, beginning last Sunday, 12/16. Now, only my running lights work. I can use them only by moving the signal/headlight lever forward as if I'm asking for high beams. P.S. I never use my headlight switch because the photosensor seems to do its job. It wouldn't matter if I did use the headlight switch on the end of the signal/headlight lever, because as of this time I can't get headlights, period, no matter what I do. I don't know anything about cars, but is there possibly a short at the relay site that is burning out the relays? Again, the brand new relay worked, but only for about 2-3 days--now nothing, no headlights at anytime. Thank you very much, Craig, Mtn. View, Ca.

Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 7:07 AM

MERLIN2021

Photoelectric sensor? You have autolamp? Could be the sensor is telling the system it's daytime! Have it scanned at the shoop, they CAN run headlamp test.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, December 20th, 2012 AT 8:47 AM