DOES MY ENGINE HAVE AN EGR VALVE I GET A 1354 ...

• Anonymous
  • 2000 Toyota Avalon

Does my engine have an EGR valve, I get a 1354 code but can; t find the definition for 1354. It runs great cold but idles rough and skips when hot

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 AT 1:28 AM

• ASEMaster6371

P1354 - VVT System Malfunction (Bank 2)

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
VVT system controls the intake valve timing to proper timing in response to driving condition. ECM controls Oil Control Valve (OCV) to make the intake valve timing properly, and, oil pressure controlled with OCV is supplied to the VVT controller, and then, VVT controller changes relative position between the camshaft and the crankshaft.

DETECTING CONDITIONS

WIRING DIAGRAM

INSPECTION PROCEDURE

HINT: If DTC P1349 is displayed, check left bank VVT system circuit.
If DTC P1354 is displayed, check right bank VVT system circuit.
Read freeze frame data using TOYOTA hand-held tester or OBD II scan tool. Because freeze frame records the engine conditions when the malfunction is detected. When troubleshooting, it is useful for determining whether the vehicle was running or stopped, the engine was warmed up or not, the air-fuel ratio was lean or rich, etc. At the time of the malfunction.
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

TOYOTA hand-held tester: Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

OBD II scan tool (excluding TOYOTA hand-held tester):

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 AT 1:36 AM