WHY AM I HAVING PROBLEMS SHIFTING GEARS IN MY

2000 Saturn SL2

jeff_n_maggie@hotmail.com

September, 23, 2011 AT 2:00 AM

Why am I having problems shifting gears in my Saturn?Theres no leaks in the slave or master cylinder. The clutch is ingaging when the pedel is about 2inchs from the floor. The clutch is not slipping or burning. The clutch was replaced 1yr ago

saturntech9

September, 23, 2011 AT 2:10 AM

So what kind of shifting issues are you having?Is it just hard to put it in every gear with the clutch pushed in?Are the gears grinding when shifting into them?Also is the clutch pedal hard all the way to the floor?Or does it drop down some and then have that hard pressure?

jeff_n_maggie@hotmail.com

September, 23, 2011 AT 2:49 AM

Its hard to put in every gear when the clutch is pushed in. Second gear grinded once in 2 days. The clutch drops about 1 inch then its hard for the rest of the way to the floor.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2011 AT 3:01 AM

It should be hard all the way down take a closer look at it you have a bad pressure plate or a bad slave/master cylinder most likely those are about the two possiblites with the issues you are having. Keep me posted.

jeff_n_maggie@hotmail.com

September, 23, 2011 AT 3:11 AM

I just checked the clutch pedel, sorry my mistake the pedel drops lest then an 1/2 inch then its hard all the way to the floor.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2011 AT 3:15 AM

Make sure the floor mat isnt under the clutch pedal let me know what you find.

jeff_n_maggie@hotmail.com

September, 23, 2011 AT 3:18 AM

I took the floor mat out yesterday still the same.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2011 AT 3:29 AM

If the slave/master cylinder is good and its hard to shift into all the gears your going to be looking at the clutch disc and or the pressure plate.

jeff_n_maggie@hotmail.com

September, 23, 2011 AT 3:35 AM

Ok thanks for you help, ill pull it apart this weekend. Ill keep you posted.

saturntech9

September, 23, 2011 AT 3:42 AM

Before you go ripping it apart check the cable ends especially on the transmission see if you can see any exposed bare cable where it stretched. Also try this rapidly pump the clutch pedal then press it all the way to the floor and see if it goes right into gear.

Automatic Transmission Service