GAUGES NOT WORKING ON MY SATERN

2000 Saturn SL2

tomncarol

September, 2, 2012 AT 4:38 PM

The gauges on my 2000 saturn sl2 with 158000 mls are not working, checked all fuses ran a diagnostic still not able to figure it out can you please help?

September, 2, 2012 AT 4:40 PM

You should reply to your initial post instead of making a new post.
Are all gauges not working?
What about the indicator lights?

tomncarol

September, 2, 2012 AT 5:29 PM

Sorry. Iam not sure how this works. Yes the indicatoe lights work.

September, 2, 2012 AT 5:39 PM

You mentione using a scan tool. Were you able to communicate with the PCM?

There was a TSB on such problems and the basic procedure is to clean the battery terminals and check the ground circuit connection. Refer to diagrams.

saturntech9

September, 2, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

Just to add to this one do the power door locks work keyless entry work?The main computer iwould worry about being able to talk to is the body control module. Which when they go bad the gas gauge temp gauge etc stop working. Not everytime but they do sometimes. So what gauges are inop?Any other symptoms?Or other things inop?

tomncarol

September, 2, 2012 AT 8:23 PM

We dont have power locks. All gauges are not working. We just have your basic saturn. No power anything. Manual trani. Roll down windows.

tomncarol

September, 2, 2012 AT 8:25 PM

How and where do I find the body control module? So I can tell my mechanic when I see him about this peoblem.

September, 2, 2012 AT 8:28 PM

Have you tried cleaning the battery terminals and checking the ground circuit connections?

tomncarol

September, 2, 2012 AT 8:33 PM

No we havent. But thats what we are going to do as soon as the game is over so I can push him out the door to fix my dang car. Thank you for the advice. If this dont work I will be back for more advice. You have been very helpfull.

September, 2, 2012 AT 8:36 PM

You're welcome.

saturntech9

September, 2, 2012 AT 8:53 PM

The body control module is under the dash top in the middle. Iam not saying its bad just saying a possibilty.I would check the battery cable connections like Khlow2008 has suggested but if you havent checked for codes yet check for those first. The parts store can check the basic engine and transmission codes. But to read body control module codes etc you will need a mor advanced scanner then they have.

Dynamat Door Installation
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe