I HAVE A 2000 SATURN LS1

2000 Saturn SL1

DWhitted

February, 16, 2012 AT 12:36 AM

I have a 2000 saturn ls1. It is idleing pretty high also when I let off the gas to coast it will jump up about 300 to 500 rpms idle back down then go back up. Alsojumps up in rpms when shifting from park to any gear. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks

saturntech9

February, 16, 2012 AT 12:46 AM

First question is do have any codes in the computer?Second question is have you checked the pcv hose that goes from the valve cover to the intake manifold for being colasped or hiles in it. Also I would look for a vacuum leak around the number 1 intake port its really common for the intake gasket to leak on those. Spray some carb spray around the number 1 intake port which is over by the power steering pump while the engine is idling. If the rpms go up down or the engine stumbles or dies then the I take gasket is leaking. Let me know what you find.

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars