POWER WINDOW

2000 Saturn

rj_doug

July, 16, 2011 AT 2:37 PM

My drivers side power window went down but will not come back up. All the other windows work. My window control is located in the console by manuel shifter. 2000 saturn LS1

saturntech9

July, 16, 2011 AT 4:58 PM

If you put your ear up to the door by the speker and move the switch to raise the window can you hear the motor clicking?I have seen bad switches bad window motors and even broken window motor wires in the boots going to the door. Also try raising the window the door open and the door closed.

rj_doug

July, 16, 2011 AT 6:28 PM

Is there any way to get the window up to prevent rain damage until the part I need comes in?

saturntech9

July, 16, 2011 AT 7:27 PM

Have you done the things I asked yet?That would really help me figure a way to get the window up. What parts are you waiting for?

rj_doug

July, 19, 2011 AT 1:58 PM

Yes I did. When you click the switch like you are putting the window down you can here the motor in the door. If you click to put window up you hear nothing.

rj_doug

July, 19, 2011 AT 1:59 PM

I was told it was the power window switch. But I have not ordered anything yet. Because the swith is a dealer part and they will not take returns if I dont need it.

saturntech9

July, 19, 2011 AT 4:39 PM

Alright so you are thinking the switch correct?We have to do some testing before you order one otherwise ever wrong guess cost you money. Do you have a multimeter or test light to do some testing?

saturntech9

July, 19, 2011 AT 10:50 PM

So do you have a multimeter or test light to do some testing.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes