REMOVE THE LEVEL FROM TOP OF THE NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH?

• 003everest
  • 2000 SAAB 9-5

Could you guide me how can I remove the level (that connect to the rod) from top of the neutral safety switch of my 2000 Saab 95? I tried after remove 13mm nut that hold this level but unable to separate from body of neutral safety switch.

Neutral safety switch is bad and need to be replace. I was so close to remove the NSS except the level that connect to the gear selecting rod. I wasn't sure should I put the gear position to "N" instead "1" or do I need special tool (which no one mentioned) or simply force out?

Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

• Docfixit

Place in Neutral lever pops off not easy to do try needle nose pliers placed under snap connector pry up

Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 9:29 PM
  • 003everest

Not the cable adjuster clip, level that top of the neutral safety switch (under the 13mm nut).

Thursday, January 12th, 2012 AT 6:40 AM
  • mnthny4
  • 616 posts

Place gear shifter on 1 gear to pull 13mm nut, now spray WD40 and rock side to side to loosen, it may be a bit difficult without a small two claw pulley puller, but rocking it side to side works too, when fitting new place shifter in park position to tighten 13mm nut. Good luck.

Tuesday, January 17th, 2012 AT 1:21 PM