95 HEATER PROBLEM

2000 SAAB 9-5

BBryans07

February, 1, 2011 AT 3:29 PM

I have been driving my Saab 95 all winter without heat. I have looked into possible problems, but can't find a definite solution. Here's the story: I got my Saab about 4 years ago, and the heater worked fine. The A/C was always iffy. It doesn't work at all now. The heater used to make knocking sounds when I turned up the fan, now it does nothing. Also, the heat used to blow mainly on the passenger side and back seat. None on the driver's side. I have the fan and heat cranked all the way up, but no heat. The funny thing is, is that my windshield will still defrost since a tiny trickle of heat comes out. It just takes about a half an hour to defrost. I'd like to know what you think the problem is, and if I can fix it myself. Thanks!

No Heat

mnthny4

February, 3, 2011 AT 7:40 PM

THE PROBLEM IS POSSIBLY YOUR HEATER BOX INTERNALS, THERE IS A SHAFT IF U R LUCKY THAT MAY BE BROKEN, TO WHICH THERE IS A $30 KIT FOR REPAIRING THIS, BUT IF THE SHAFT IS GOOD THEN U WILL NEED A WHOLE HEATER BOX $1800 PART WITHOUT LABOUR [NEW PART] NOT USED, OK TO CHECK YOUR SHAFT U WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE LOWER DASH PANEL ON THE DRIVER SIDE[D/S] AREA, U WILL HAVE TO LAY ON YOUR BACK UNDER THE DASH WITH A FLASH LIGHT TO CHECK THIS, LOOK UP U WILL SEE WHERE THE DUCT THAT THE AIR BLOWS THROUGH FOR THE FLOOR, LOOKING UP INSIDE THAT DUCT U WILL SEE A YELLOW SHAFT, NOW LOOK REALLY GOOD IF THAT SHAFT IS CRACKED U CAN ALSO USE THE TEMP BUTTON ON THE ACC PANEL TO CHECK FOR MOVEMENT OF SHAFT & MOTOR, IF THE SHAFT IS CRACKED SMILE U R LUCKY, IF NOT SORRY, GOOD LUCK.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Replace Heater Core
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic