REMOTE NOT WORKING

2000 Pontiac Sunfire

Helpfulwife

August, 9, 2012 AT 8:39 PM

I am unable to lock or unlock my car with the remote. It worked fine this I locked my car using the remote later on I went to unlock my car with the remote and it didn't work. I then tried unlocking by using the key that set off the alarm. I managed to get the alarm off by pressing the alarm key a few times. I went and bought new batteries that didn't work. I have been told I have electrical problems with the car but everything was working fine this morning but now after the rain the remotes are not working. I even pressed the remote near the car for one minute to reset it and that didn't work either.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

August, 9, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

It may have to be reprogrammed.

Do you have another fob? If so, does it work?

Helpfulwife

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:24 PM

Yes I do have another fab and it doesn't work either. What I tried was used my key to unlock the door and started my car that stopped the alarm but unfortunately I can't lock my car.

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

Do you have power locks that work inside the car?

Helpfulwife

August, 10, 2012 AT 2:14 AM

I have lock on the drivers door and on the front passenger door. It is strange that when I unlock the car the alarm comes on and when I start the car the alarm comes off. Could it be something do with wiring and the rain.

August, 10, 2012 AT 2:33 AM

Possibly, but is the alarm system factory or aftermarket?

Helpfulwife

August, 10, 2012 AT 5:43 PM

Not sure we bought the car from a used car dealership. Surprising enough this morning no problem with the car I could lock and unlock the car but later on in the day it stop working.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000