Sttart by checking for trouble codes.
RETRIEVING DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES
1. If a fault has occurred in a monitored circuit, the MAN symbol on right side of A/C-heater control unit display will flash during first 2 minutes of operation. To enter diagnostic mode, turn ignition on, then press both temperature knobs simultaneously for 5 seconds.
2. There are 2 display modes within self-diagnostics: diagnostic pointer and diagnostic value. By rotating driver's temperature knob, one detent in either direction, display is toggled between pointer and value.
3. Value displayed is decimal equivalent of Random Access Memory (RAM) contents. A "2" is formed using minus sign, and leading "1" in order to display values over 199. Diagnostic pointer mode is identified by a minus sign preceding pointer number. Pointer provides an index, identifying corresponding diagnostic value.
4. DTCs reside under diagnostic pointer 00. Pointer will be set to this position upon initial entry into self-diagnostics. If more than one DTC is present, they will be displayed sequentially at a rate of 2-second intervals per fault. Rotating passenger temperature knob will switch self-diagnostic pointers.
5. A wraparound feature is provided if pointer is continued past either end. Other data used by computer resides under different self-diagnostic pointers and may not be useful in diagnosing A/C-heater system. To exit diagnostics, press any mode button.
Saturday, August 18th, 2012 AT 4:27 PM