,

2000 Pontiac Grand Am

jduhame

August, 17, 2011 AT 8:14 PM

After sitting at the airport for 9 days, on the way home when I was stopping for gas after about 25 miles as I was pulling into the gas station the car died. It started right back up. Npw every time I run it for atleast 10 miles and decelerate to come to a stop it either tried to die or does die. I've changed plugs, fuel filter, ran fuel system cleaner through it and it continues to do so. Any ideas?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Wrenchtech

August, 17, 2011 AT 8:29 PM

It's possible that the TCC solenoid isa sticking and causing it to stay in overdrive when it shouldn't but it's also possible you have an idle control issue.

First eliminate all vacuum or air leaks in the system. You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.