2.4L

2000 Plymouth Voyager

helpmepls1990dodgeB250

April, 8, 2011 AT 3:34 PM

2000 plymouth voyager dies randomly and wont restart for a while. Now when it did it today I got this brainstorm. I was parked uphill at my parents house and I went down the hill and put the van in 1st and let it go downhill a couple seconds then I put it in netural and it started RIGHT back up. Crankshaft sensor? Any ideas?

freemba

April, 8, 2011 AT 3:49 PM

Use afuelpressure guage to check fuel pressure when the engine is running and again after it shuts off (you can drive the vehicle with the guage in place if you like).
Fuel pressure shuld be the same as before it cut off for about 20 minutes. If pressure drops and then engine cuts off suspect a bad fuel pump or a partially clogged fuel filter.
Let me know how it turns out.

freemba

April, 8, 2011 AT 3:51 PM

Check the fuel pump pressure with the engine running and when it shuts off. It should remain the same for about 20 minutes after it shuts off. If the pressure drops and then the engine shuts off the problem is likely a clogged fuel filter or a bad fuel pump.

helpmepls1990dodgeB250

April, 8, 2011 AT 5:39 PM

Brand new fuel pump brand new fuel filter. Confirmed fuel pressure. When it stalls the fuel is still up to the rail but the injectors do not pulse. I have fuel pressure (confirmed). Camshaft sensor is good. New plugs new wires. Coil tests to be good also. I tested again since I posted last time and I let it sit pointed downhill and let it idle till it died. Wouldnt start back up. Put it in first gear rolled down the hill about 100 foot and boom starts right back up no problem.

June, 18, 2011 AT 7:59 PM

When the problem occurs, your saying, it cranks good but won't start?Any applicable codes? When the problem occurs, if it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it while you check for spark at the plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some pressure isn't good enough, it needs the correct pressure.

If the computer doesn't see the proper cam and crank signal, it may kill spark and fuel.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz