2000 oldsmobile intrigue. I had a dead battery in the car for a couple of months. Did not start it for that long. Now new battery, everything comes on but will not turn over or start. Is there some securtiy issue?
Do the dash lites come on? I'll have to look-up your security system.
November, 17, 2010 AT 8:46 PM
Is the security light on or flashing?
If so you may have to do the security relearn to it.
PASSLOCK 10 MINUTE RELEARN
Time required, approximately 10 minutes: 1. Insure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Use the scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position attempting to start the vehicle. The vehicle will start and then stall.
4. Leave the ignition switch in the ON position while observing the security indicator.
5. When the security indicator turns off, which can take up to 10 minutes, turn the ignition switch off. Wait 10 seconds.
6. The BCM and the PCM will learn the new code on the next start attempt.