WELL WHEN I HIT THE THROTTLE IT LOSES ALL POWER ...

• tonedog024
  • 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada

Well when I hit the throttle it loses all power at appox 1900rpms if I hold the throttle down it will stall if I let it go it stays running at idle if I unplugg the map sensor I get power back but engine runs rough repalced map sensor didnt work replaced throttle position sensor didnt work doesnt feel like a fuel problem but might be can hear fuel pump working havent checked filter but with map sensor unpluged it gets power back so I think its gettring enough fuel not sure im stumpted please help

Monday, March 11th, 2013 AT 2:55 PM

• Wrenchtech

You need to use a fuel pressure gauge and find out EXACTLY what the pressure is. This is critical on that truck.

Monday, March 11th, 2013 AT 3:03 PM
  • tonedog024

I dont have anything to check the pressure with if I had money to buy one I would just take it in to a pro on a guess does it sound like a fuel problem its just wierd cause if I unplug the map sensor its gets power back but rough. Cad converter rattles but if I take off the o2 sensor allowing air to come out of the hole has no effect

Monday, March 11th, 2013 AT 4:13 PM
  • Wrenchtech

Not much I can do for you then.

Monday, March 11th, 2013 AT 4:16 PM