DECREASE IN RADIATOR WATER QUANTITY AFTER EVERY 5 DAYS.

2000 Nissan Maxima

adi1991

May, 26, 2012 AT 9:42 AM

Hi,
I have nissan maxima 2000. Before 1 month it catch up heat. After that after every 5 days there is decrease in radiator water. Air bubbles are also appearing in water. Missing and vibration is also there at low speed.
i already changed spark plugs and coil.

please tell me what is the problem ASAP.

May, 26, 2012 AT 10:30 AM

You have a leak and from the sounds of it, it may be a blown head gasket from overheating.
You need a leak down test to verify the integrity of the motor. The miss fits in with the air bubbles that you describe.

May, 26, 2012 AT 12:51 PM

If the recovery tank is also decreasing, then it might not be too serious. There is a leak somewhere and a pressure test would allow you to check for leakages.

If the recovery tank is not decreasing but overflowing instead, you either have a bad radiator cap or as Roy mentioned, a bad head gasket.

adi1991

May, 27, 2012 AT 8:26 AM

Thanks for the reply. May be its head gasket because I didn't find the decrease in quantity of water in recovery tank.

So if I am going to change the head gasket then it is compulsory to change valves, pistons and piston rings?

May, 27, 2012 AT 11:33 AM

Nope, not necessary to bother with the engine block components unless you have wear of the cylinder liners or compression is poor. The valves need not be replaced unless they are bad but valve lapping and replacement of the valve seals would be recommended if the heads are removed.

Check the radiator cap and if condition is bad, replace it and retest.

adi1991

May, 27, 2012 AT 1:23 PM

Sir,
how I will check the engine compression.

And I already changed the radiator cap but no effect.

May, 27, 2012 AT 4:26 PM

You need a compression gauge plugged into the plug hole after removing spark plugs and crank the engine to get the reading.

adi1991

May, 28, 2012 AT 9:31 AM

Thanks guys for the support. : -)

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Upper and Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet