RADIO DISPLAY COMPLETLY BLANK BUT SOUND AND BUTTON LIGHT WORK

2000 Nissan Altima

Neothematrix

October, 12, 2011 AT 1:16 AM

Well it's almost say it all. I buyed a car from my aunt, wich she took care religiously and I intend to do too on a good car like this one. But one thing she never noticed, is that the radio, CD and cassette work. We hear the music. The button light function properly. But no display. Nada. Niet. Now that make me have a hard time finding what i'm looking for ( equalizer mods etc.) And feel like i'm searching tune the old '80 ways. Also, the cigarette lighter doens't have voltage. Cause my cell charger aren't illuminating on it. But it's do work in the arm rest plug. So.I bet it's a fuse. But I don't know where. And I don't know if it's on the same wiring as the lighter ( would explain a lot ). First time I ever try finding answer asking MYSELF on the net. Hope I'll get a real feedback. Thank you very much for your time.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 12, 2011 AT 1:29 AM

Power to the lights comes from the headlight switch. I attached a wiring schematic for the premimum sound system which it sounds like you have. Note there are two power wires for the stereo lighting. You need to first check for power there. After that, there could be a bad bulb or the stereo panel may need replaced. Some are non replaceable based on what stereo you have. A stereo shop could easily identify that for you.

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test