I HAVE NO FUEL GOING TO THE ENGINE

• mgraham25
  • 2000 Mercury Mountaineer

I have no fuel going to the engine. I have already replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, and the fuel pump relay switch. I checked the continuity from the wiring harness to the pump and that checks out. I am receiving only 5 volts to the pump. Is this right? What else can I check?

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 9:53 PM

• ASEMaster6371

You need 12 volts. Check as it will give 12 volts for 2 seconds with the key on. Wont turn on till engine cranking.

Assuming you checked the fuse, check the inertia switch on the right lower kick panel as well.

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 9:55 PM
  • mgraham25

I checked the inertia switch and has not tripped. That is all I have check on that thus far. I have replaced the fuel pump relay and according to the owners manual that there is no actual fuse. The relay is the only fuel related item that I saw in the diagram on both the interior fuse panel and under the hood. The wiring diagram that I have also only relates to the relay and no fuses. What else would cause low voltage going to the fuel pump?

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 11:22 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Yes there is a fuse for the relay. I sent you the wiring diagram.

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 AT 11:27 PM
  • mgraham25

The fuse checks out

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 AT 12:59 AM
  • mgraham25

Did a continunity test from the relay to the inertia switch, and that checks out with only.1 ohms. Ran a jumper from the battery to the pink and black wire to the fuel pump and I have pressure. I have 12 volts to the #3 port on the relay. I switched out relay switches, and nothing seems to be working. Could it be in the anti-theft system? Or the computer?

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 AT 3:14 AM
  • mgraham25

Ok, never-mind. It was the anti-theft system. Up and running just fine now. Thanks for your help though.

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 AT 5:51 AM