AC CLUTCH

• kaiser speare
  • 2000 Mercury Marquis

My blower quit working because the know to turn the fan speed up and down quit working so I went to ford and they told me another one was 800 bucks because mine is digital so I just hooked up a toggle switch to it and it works just fine but my ac clutch dosnt work and it hasnt even before I did the toggle switch but is there a way I can hook it up to a toggle switch? Help I live in sc and its hot!

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 9:31 PM

• rasmataz

Do you have the correct High and Low pressures of the AC system-could be low on freon and its not kicking it, -start here

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 9:40 PM
  • kaiser speare

I have put it in there and still not working I've replaced it and it worked for about a year then quit so?

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 10:18 PM
  • rasmataz

What is the AC pressures I need this information before I continue-When you engage the AC do you have power to the clutch?

Friday, June 8th, 2012 AT 8:43 PM
  • kaiser speare

No sir I click the ac power on and the clutch dose not ingage

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 8:58 AM
  • rasmataz

Apply power to the AC clutch and see what happens-possible low pressure switch and AC relay

Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 3:20 PM
  • kaiser speare

How do I apply power to it same way I did the fan?

Sunday, June 10th, 2012 AT 7:56 AM
  • rasmataz

Take it from the battery positive post straight to the clutch and see if it engages

Sunday, June 10th, 2012 AT 9:58 AM
  • DJSpins

I own a MErcury Sable and a Mercury Grand Marquis. My clutch on my A/C just went on my sable. If you dont replace it or set up a dummy pulley (or get a belt without a/c, it will burn your serpentine belt and it is unsafe. IF you go to a regular mechanicm, he should be able to get one from a junk yard and install it for 500-600 dollars

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 12:47 AM