AC CLUTCH

2000 Mercury Marquis

kaiser speare

June, 7, 2012 AT 9:31 PM

My blower quit working because the know to turn the fan speed up and down quit working so I went to ford and they told me another one was 800 bucks because mine is digital so I just hooked up a toggle switch to it and it works just fine but my ac clutch dosnt work and it hasnt even before I did the toggle switch but is there a way I can hook it up to a toggle switch? Help I live in sc and its hot!

June, 7, 2012 AT 9:40 PM

Do you have the correct High and Low pressures of the AC system-could be low on freon and its not kicking it, -start here

kaiser speare

June, 7, 2012 AT 10:18 PM

I have put it in there and still not working I've replaced it and it worked for about a year then quit so?

June, 8, 2012 AT 8:43 PM

What is the AC pressures I need this information before I continue-When you engage the AC do you have power to the clutch?

kaiser speare

June, 9, 2012 AT 8:58 AM

No sir I click the ac power on and the clutch dose not ingage

June, 9, 2012 AT 3:20 PM

Apply power to the AC clutch and see what happens-possible low pressure switch and AC relay

kaiser speare

June, 10, 2012 AT 7:56 AM

How do I apply power to it same way I did the fan?

June, 10, 2012 AT 9:58 AM

Take it from the battery positive post straight to the clutch and see if it engages

DJSpins

June, 13, 2012 AT 12:47 AM

I own a MErcury Sable and a Mercury Grand Marquis. My clutch on my A/C just went on my sable. If you dont replace it or set up a dummy pulley (or get a belt without a/c, it will burn your serpentine belt and it is unsafe. IF you go to a regular mechanicm, he should be able to get one from a junk yard and install it for 500-600 dollars

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet