TRUNK NOT WORKIN

2000 Mercedes Benz S430

bazzimoto

April, 22, 2012 AT 5:56 AM

Trunk mechanism locking before trunk is all the way close fob or door switch wont open it, only the metal key will

mhpautos

April, 22, 2012 AT 6:45 AM

Is this a remote closing system?

bazzimoto

April, 22, 2012 AT 7:06 AM

No I close manually and before it closes the lock locks and light goes out, fob opens it then, and then I close it quickly

mhpautos

April, 22, 2012 AT 12:24 PM

The only thing I can see in the electrics is a control module that operates the locking mechanism, but that alone would not fail and cause this problem, I would be checking the loom from the lock down the boot hinge looking foe a point that may have been damaged and when you close to a given point the short causes the lock to activate.

bazzimoto

April, 22, 2012 AT 10:06 PM

What is loom and what is boot hinge
, it was working then it just stopped, I tried the key metal key but the lock wont stay locked to left or right in order for valet use or for me to put trunk in remote control mode

rivermikerat

May, 3, 2012 AT 11:24 PM

Loom is that section of the wiring harness. It will either be wrapped with black electrical tape, or have a black plastic cover.

Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD