TRUNK NOT WORKIN 2000 S430

• bazzimoto
  • 2000 Mercedes Benz S430

Trunk mechanism locking before trunk is all the way close fob or door switch wont open it, only the metal key will

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 5:56 AM

• mhpautos

Is this a remote closing system?

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 6:45 AM
  • bazzimoto

No I close manually and before it closes the lock locks and light goes out, fob opens it then, and then I close it quickly

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 7:06 AM
  • mhpautos

The only thing I can see in the electrics is a control module that operates the locking mechanism, but that alone would not fail and cause this problem, I would be checking the loom from the lock down the boot hinge looking foe a point that may have been damaged and when you close to a given point the short causes the lock to activate.

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 12:24 PM
  • bazzimoto

What is loom and what is boot hinge
, it was working then it just stopped, I tried the key metal key but the lock wont stay locked to left or right in order for valet use or for me to put trunk in remote control mode

Sunday, April 22nd, 2012 AT 10:06 PM
  • rivermikerat

Loom is that section of the wiring harness. It will either be wrapped with black electrical tape, or have a black plastic cover.

Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 AT 11:24 PM