WON'T TURN OVER WHEN IT'S COLD OUTSIDE...

2000 Mercedes Benz ML320

shadrock

My ML320 runs like a horse until the temperature outside drops below 40 degrees F. When it turns cold, the truck will crank forever but not actually ignite. I have changed the CPS and ignition switch, the battery, the fuel pump, fuel filter, and corresponding wires, all to no avail. Any suggestions from here? Thanks for any advice

Clean and test the idle air control valve and also test coolant temperature sensor

shadrock

February, 3, 2012 AT 12:46 AM

Ok. Tried both suggestions. No difference. Someone mentioned a mass air flow sensor, and after looking at the price (!) Wonder if there is a way to test it before I just up and change it. I'm still not getting any codes. No check engine light. Nothing. It just won't turn over under 40 degrees.

February, 3, 2012 AT 7:50 PM

Is it cranking over and will not start? If so-Check the fuel pressure and also for injection pulses-

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000