TROUBLESHOOTING

2000 Mazda MPV

peaches04

June, 12, 2011 AT 12:43 PM

I have a mazda 2000 mpv. I have a few issues that started happening back to back. 1st- the engine light is on and while im driving, it****** after******** it picks up speed and then slows back down. 2nd- my oil pan has a hole and it leaks everywhere, im constantly pouring oil back in, can I repair that? And the latest is BIG puffs of white smoke comes out the back of the car when I accelerate, then it slows down to 20mpg. And my power steering is out. Are these repairs doable or should I seek a mechanic?

June, 12, 2011 AT 1:51 PM

For the Check Engine Light, get a free scan done at Autozone and let me know the exact trouble codes.

The oil pan can be fixed by means of welding, patching or replacement, it is something you can accomplish.

The puff of white smoke indicates oil is being burnt in the cylinders and most probably the rings are bad. This would require the services of a mechanic.

As to the power steering, it would depend on what needs to be done. A missing belt would be easy to rectify. A faulty pump can be replaced but a leaking rack would require more work.

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Oil Change and Oil Filter Replacement VW