No Heat

PMLWALKER
  • 2000 MAZDA B3000
I have a 2000 Mazda B3000 pickup. I have had the water pump and thermostat replaced. I have no heat. The water in my radiator looks like muddy water! What can be done to resolve my heat problem and I guess clean my radiator?
Tuesday, December 14th, 2010 AT 4:02 PM

KHLOW2008
Get the radiator and heater core flushed and retest.
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 3:04 PM
PMLWALKER
Thank you for replying!

Would you recommend that being done at a radiator shop or could I buy a flush kit from Advance Auto or some other part supply company?
-1
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 3:37 PM
KHLOW2008
If the radiator is clogged badly, you need a radiator shop to perform the job as the radiator has to be serviced.

No flush kit would be able to clean the engine with a one time flush.

Heat from engine operation works well to flush out the system. Try doing it without any flush kit first. Use water to flush out as much as possible and disconnect the heater core to back flush.

Reconnect and top up with water. Run engine without radiator cap and heater at maximum heat for a about 5 minutes, keep topping up the water till it stabilises. This is to bleed the system of air.

If water tends to gush out, stop engine and wait a few seconds to allow air to escape. Once level stabilises, close radiator cap and run to operating temperature for a few minutes. Allow to cool before removing the radiator cap.

You need to repeat this flushing and bleeding process a few time to get the stuck grime inside engine to be cleared. Once water seems to be rather clear, You can either use the radiatro flush kit or if you feel that the system is sufficiently clean without necessity of further flushing, drain and replace with coolant.

Ensure bleeding is done correctly and replace hoses that are not in good condition.
+1
Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 11:15 PM