2000 Lincoln LS Check Charging System

JOSHUAFENDER755
  • 2000 LINCOLN LS
Recently I had a check charging system problem, the light would come on but the car wouldnt suffer power problems unless you pushed down hard on the accelerator. To eliminate the problem I replaced the battery and the alternator. This completely fixed the problem for months, now the problem has returned but worse than before. Now the car will die after a slew of lights come one indicating the problem has drained the battery below acceptable levels. I am going to replace the alternator again today but I want to know what is causing the alternators to go out, if their is some kind of problem I am overlooking or if maybe I just bought a defective alternator from the auto part store.
Saturday, March 8th, 2014 AT 11:01 AM

Check fuse in pic then make sure terminal ends are clean on battery.
-1
Sunday, March 9th, 2014 AT 8:59 AM
JOSHUAFENDER755
I checked the fuse and it is fine. I replaced it anyway. Battery is new and so are the connectors. Any other ideas
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014 AT 5:30 PM
It may be a defective alternator as well but check all your connections in chart I sent and other fuse inside car use a test light on it. Make sure your battery connection aregood and clean/tight and check battery ground to body&engine.
-1
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 AT 6:39 AM