TOWNCAR

2000 Lincoln Aviator

jonlex

I have a 2000 Lincoln Towncar with the 4.6l v8 that stutters and misses when I accellerate from either a stop or going up an incline, any ideas about what it could be?

Wiring Issue?

Wrenchtech

This a coil on plug system with a separate coil for each cylinder and they fail quite often. I assume your check engine light is coming on so have the codes read and they will indicate which cylinder/s are having the problem. The coils are the likely cause of that. If the plugs are due, change them also.

Wrenchtech

jonlex

Thanks for the response, the check engine light has not come on yet and that is what has me confused.

Wrenchtech

Have the codes checked anyway. There may be a pending code in there but they have to specifically look for pending codes.

Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Fuel Pump Pressure Test