MY TEMPERATURE GAUGE ON MY 2000 KIA SPORTAGE ...

2000 Kia Sportage

Anonymous

November, 24, 2012 AT 11:26 PM

My temperature gauge on my 2000 Kia Sportage does not work. When I turn on the ignition, the needle just Does Not move. I have checked the fuses (under dash drivers side) and engine compartment (passenger side) checked connections at the thermostas (not sure if Im naming it right) that screw into the thmostat housing (2 of them) flushed radiator (new antifreeze) still nothing. Oh by the way my heater core is leaking so the heater core is bypassed (If this information is of any help). Any ideas or suggetions? Thank you. RW

November, 25, 2012 AT 12:16 AM

At the thermostat, there are 2 sensors. One is the coolant sensor and the other is the gauge sender. The sender is usually 1 wire.

Check it to be sure you find it

7622

November, 25, 2012 AT 3:07 AM

Found the one wire sender, replaced it with new sender, still no change. Needle still doesnt move.

7622

Replaced the Gauge sender unit, checked connection at the back of temp gauge (all tight) still no temp indicator, any other options?

Replace Heater Core
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement