2000 Kia Sephia idles funny after I washed

• 2 POSTS
  • 2000 KIA SEPHIA

I washed the engine in my girlfriends car afterwards I tried starting it, and when I did it idled horrible so I turned it off and inspected the engine I found that the air filter cover was open so I popped it all the way open and took the filter out and saw a decent amount of water inside I tried letting it sit and I tried running it off but nothing works should I change the oil or should I let is sit longer or well yeah

Sorry for the punctuation and spelling please help this is our only car and we both need it for work thank you, my name is Jacob

Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 AT 5:02 PM

• 962 POSTS

Try removing the trim piece on top of the valve cover. You may have gotten water into the sparkplug tubes. Remove the spark plug wires, and coils, check inside the tubes for water. If you find any, you will need to blow it out- compressed air, or if you dont have access, find a can of computer keyboard cleaner. Its compress air in a can. Start here.

Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 AT 7:55 PM