1. Disconnect negative battery cable at battery.
2. Remove generator drive belt.
3. Remove generator pivot and mounting bolts/nut Position generator for access to wire connectors.
4. If equipped, unsnap plastic cover from B+ terminal.
Generator Connectors- Typical Denso
5. Remove B+ cable output terminal mounting nut at rear of generator. Disconnect terminal from generator.
6. Disconnect field wire connector at rear of generator by pushing on connector tab.
7. Remove generator from vehicle.
1. Position generator to engine and snap field wire connector into rear of generator.
2. Install B+ terminal to generator mounting stud. Tighten mounting nut to 8.5 Nm (75 in. Lbs.) Torque.
3. If equipped, snap plastic cover to B+ terminal.
4. Install generator mounting fasteners and tighten as follows:
o Generator mounting bolt--55 Nm (41 ft. Lbs.) Torque.
O Generator pivot bolt/nut--55 Nm (41 ft. Lbs.) Torque.
* Never force a belt over a pulley rim using a screwdriver. The synthetic fiber of the belt can be damaged.
* When installing a serpentine accessory drive belt, the belt MUST be routed correctly. The water pump will be rotating in the wrong direction if the belt is installed incorrectly, causing the engine to overheat.
5. Install generator drive belt.
6. Install negative battery cable to battery.
Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 7:46 PM