2000 jeep Grand six colling fan relay replacement.
have the same problem?
Monday, September 12th, 2011 AT 11:12 PM
Find the power distribution center under the hood and your owners manual will have a diagram for it
if you don't have owner's manual let me know. Failure can also be a temp sensor problem.
Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 AT 8:48 AM
The relay is not in the box. According to Haynes (page 3-6) the relay is under the car but I can not see it from the bottom or from the top.I would like to know just where it is and how to get to it.
It's located behind the headlamp on the passenger side.
The Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) cooling fan relay is located below the right headlamp behind the bumper fascia.
1. Remove front bumper and grill assembly.
2. Remove 1 support bolt near front of reservoir.
3. Remove 2 reservoir mounting bolts.
4. Remove reservoir from vehicle to gain access to vacuum hose. Disconnect vacuum hose from reservoir fitting at rear of reservoir.
5. Disconnect electrical connector at relay.
6. Remove 2 relay mounting bolts and remove relay.
1. Position relay to body and install 2 bolts. Tighten bolts to 3 Nm (25 inch lbs.) Torque.
2. Connect electrical connector to relay.
3. Connect vacuum hose to reservoir.
4. Install reservoir and tighten 2 bolts to 3 Nm (25 inch lbs.) Torque.
5. Install front bumper and grill assembly.
Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 AT 3:15 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Didn't even need the big pooter!