COOLING FAN

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

ZellerDerek4

March, 26, 2014 AT 8:43 AM

I no that the cooling fan is controlled by a relay and a controller but am wondering if it needes a resistor at all when u jump it to make sure that the fan motor still works or if its just dead I couldnt get it to kick on yesterdat running battery power straight to the harness and I dont wanna spend 110 on a fan is im testing it the wrong way

hmac300

March, 26, 2014 AT 9:39 AM

If you jump it it should run but check the fuse underhood and the relay which is behind the bumper fascia at rh headlight as well as ground.

ZellerDerek4

March, 26, 2014 AT 10:17 AM

It didn't run at all I thought maybe the polarity was wrong so I switched the jumpers around and still nothing I no that black is ground and blue is power I have the schematics and everything but u prob no that they r not always accurate

hmac300

March, 26, 2014 AT 12:08 PM

Actually ours says green but due to age it can be blue due to fading if you ran it direct and it didn't run then it's probably the fan. See if you are getting power from relay. You can always put an aftermarket fan on instead of a factory one. Rock auto has factory ones from $47-120 take your pic.

ZellerDerek4

March, 26, 2014 AT 12:13 PM

My schematic says blue. But I shall take a look at their site and see wat I find

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro