I HAVE SOME WINDOW SWITCH PROBLEMS

2000 Jeep Cherokee

Spizzino

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:33 AM

I own a 2000 jeep cherokee and now it is having some major window problems. All of the windows will work from the master switch(except for the passenger one which doesn't work at all right now) but not from the individual switches. I tried switching out the switches, slowly the windows would randomly work. Passenger door window completely stopped until it randomly decided to work today. Now the window is wide open and will not go up. Help : (

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:35 AM

Sounds like motor failures. Check for power commands to the windows up and down. If they are present then you need to replace the motors.

Spizzino

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:37 AM

I don't believe its the motor because the windows all work! Just from the drivers side switch. Sorry I'm trying to fix the question. It didn't fully post.

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:41 AM

Ok, if it works from the drivers side only then you have wiring issues as you said you replaced switches.

Spizzino

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:44 AM

Do you think it could possibly be a ground issue? Oh and im not sure it this helps but the speaker in the passenger side has completely quit too. The drivers side speaker is starting to quit. It will cut out if I roll the drivers window down all the way.

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:45 AM

It re enforces my reply to a wiring issue. If it was a ground issue, then it would not work from the drivers master switch.

Spizzino

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:51 AM

So do I have to get all new wires? My friends dad is gonna was gonna try re-grounding it. I apologize, I'm no car expert. : (

Spizzino

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:53 AM

Oops *my friends dad was going to try re-grounding it*

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:55 AM

No, you need a shop good with these types of electrical issues to find your problem and give you a bid.

Spizzino

October, 11, 2011 AT 2:59 AM

Well my dad is a contractor through Chrysler. He maintains all this stuff. That's why I was wondering if you know what we need. He can fix it, but I wanted other opinions because i'm running out of ideas.

Spizzino

October, 11, 2011 AT 3:02 AM

Any ideas on at least how to get the passenger window up? That is my main concern right now. I had one guy tell me a battery charger?

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet