WHERE IS ELECTRIC WATERPUMP MOTOR FOR HEATER ON JAG . DOES IT RUNS ALL THE TIME THE HEATER IS ON?

2000 Jaguar XK8

va3mrj

March, 29, 2012 AT 12:01 AM

I have no heat. No codes are stored in heater panel. Engine water temp normal. I am down to plugged heater core, or faulty motor. Cannot find the motor.

Heater

hmac300

March, 29, 2012 AT 11:32 PM

Here is a pic of what I think you want/need. If the core is plugged just hook up a hose from your house to the outlet and back flush it, that should take care of it.

va3mrj

March, 30, 2012 AT 12:28 PM

Thanks, I have ordered a manual to help with future problems. I retired from fixing Jags almost20 years ago and I know the older ones very well. I found an xk8 when in Florida on holidays and bought it. It is very much a different car now, some stuff is much the same under the skin, but so much is now electrical.
Thanks again

hmac300

March, 30, 2012 AT 1:28 PM

One other thing is to check the actuators in the heater unit they control temp and air flow so one may not be working causing the no heat problem. If your heater hoses are hot on both sides then that may be the problem.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Replace Heater Core
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro