I HAVE A KNOCKING COMING FROM THE ENGINE YOU CAN...

2000 Isuzu Rodeo

rodeoking

March, 20, 2013 AT 10:54 PM

I have a knocking coming from the engine you can actually feel it knocking when placing your hand on the back (right side) spark plug housing, it has smoked a little bit from that area and the engine shakes like its missing and engine mount but its not when it warms up the shaking subsides pretty sure the cats are bad because of a sulfer smell that hits you when you turn it on I have a pretty big exhaust leak for a while not sure it back pressure played a part in this but the engine runs but I still get a knock/tap out of that back right side spark plug and I noticed its a lil oily around the housing for that back spark plug, all the others were dry what is my problem

blaze45

March, 29, 2013 AT 3:31 AM

Sounds like your catalyic converter is clogged. Spark plug tube seals are leaking some. They might be arcing and causing the engine to run bad. Remove spark plug from each cylinder till the car runs differently. This will direct you in the direction you need to go in terms of finding out if the cylinder is bad/fuel injector.

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20