CRUISE CONTROL COMES ON AND OFF BY IT'S SELF

• cjgomez01
  • 2000 Isuzu Amigo
  • 170 miles

The last few days my 2000 AMIGO's cruise control has been engaging and disengaging on its own. Started only here and there now it happens all the time. I tried unplugging the cruise button on the left side of the steering wheel and it didn't help. I cant seem to find a fused any were for the cruise control either. I have read post's on other sites were people have the same problem but have not been able to find a answer. Also its really hard to start. Has been since I bought it a few months ago. Any ideas as to what could be causing these problems? I just changed spark plugs so I know that's not the issue with the starting.

Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 AT 4:13 PM

• KHLow2008

For the cruise control, check the brake switch adjustment. If there is excessive clearance between switch and pedal stopper, the cruise would cut off intermittently.

If manual transmission, check the clutch pedal switch as well.

Difficult starting could be due to fuel pressure faults. Haave the fuel pressure tested.

Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 AT 9:46 PM