My car recently caught on fire under the hood.

Tiny
ALLIYKAT
  • 2000 INFINITI G20
  • 200,000 MILES

My car recently caught on fire under the hood after the spark plugs and wiring was changed. The distributor, distributor cap, harnest, fuse box, and wiring were ruined. I bought all the parts and the car still wont start. It sounds like it but it wont. Any ideas on what may be the problem?

Do you
have the same problem?
Yes
No
Friday, March 22nd, 2013 AT 5:40 PM

5 Replies

Tiny
JACOBANDNICKOLAS
  • EXPERT
  • 68,398 POSTS

Check to see if you are getting spark and fuel to the engine.

Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Friday, March 22nd, 2013 AT 5:42 PM
Tiny
ALLIYKAT
  • MEMBER

It is getting fuel but there is no spark.

Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Friday, March 22nd, 2013 AT 9:17 PM
Tiny
JACOBANDNICKOLAS
  • EXPERT
  • 68,398 POSTS

Was the wiring damaged to the crank and cam sensor? Were either sensors damaged by the fire?

Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 AT 1:35 AM
Tiny
ALLIYKAT
  • MEMBER

I can have my dad check. We had a mobile mechanic come out and look. He says that I may need a new computer box.

Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Monday, March 25th, 2013 AT 8:55 PM
Tiny
JACOBANDNICKOLAS
  • EXPERT
  • 68,398 POSTS

It could have been damaged

Was this
answer
helpful?
Yes
No
Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 AT 1:11 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Other Engine No Start Questions