MY CAR WONT GO INTO OVERDRIVE

2000 Hyundai Accent

davidriewer

June, 16, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

My car drives and shifts poerfect. But it wont go into overdrive or lockup. I unplugged the trans. Speed sensor and the car started shifting early and starts out in third gear unless I downshift it manually. I plugged the sensor back in, now it shifts fine except. No overdrive. The light on the dash is working. But a while back, if the shifter wasnt exactly in a certain spot, it wouldnt go into o.D. Unless I shook the gearshift back and forth a little. The light would go off and it would go into o.D. But now it doesnt.

June, 16, 2012 AT 7:31 PM

-Scan the TCM for codes/s

davidriewer

June, 16, 2012 AT 8:53 PM

Okay, I had the computer scanned and no codes. Now is there a seperate computer for the transmission?

June, 16, 2012 AT 10:33 PM

TCM- ( Transmission Control Module )

davidriewer

June, 18, 2012 AT 4:09 PM

There is no tcm

June, 18, 2012 AT 8:10 PM

Scan the computer for code/s, also check fluid level, and throttle and cable adjustments

Disconnect electrical connector for overdrive switch and note switch terminal identification. See Fig. 16. Overdrive switch is mounted on driver's side of gearshift lever.
Depress overdrive switch to ON position. Using DVOM, ensure continuity exists between terminals No. 4 and 5. Depress overdrive switch to OFF position. Ensure continuity exists between terminals No. 5 and 6. Replace overdrive switch if continuity is not as specified.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma