MY CAR WONT GO INTO OVERDRIVE

• Davidriewer
  • 2000 HYUNDAI ACCENT

My car drives and shifts poerfect. But it wont go into overdrive or lockup. I unplugged the trans. Speed sensor and the car started shifting early and starts out in third gear unless I downshift it manually. I plugged the sensor back in, now it shifts fine except. No overdrive. The light on the dash is working. But a while back, if the shifter wasnt exactly in a certain spot, it wouldnt go into o.D. Unless I shook the gearshift back and forth a little. The light would go off and it would go into o.D. But now it doesnt.

Saturday, June 16th, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

• Rasmataz

-Scan the TCM for codes/s

Saturday, June 16th, 2012 AT 7:31 PM
  • Davidriewer

Okay, I had the computer scanned and no codes. Now is there a seperate computer for the transmission?

-1
Saturday, June 16th, 2012 AT 8:53 PM
  • Rasmataz

TCM- ( Transmission Control Module )

Saturday, June 16th, 2012 AT 10:33 PM
  • Davidriewer

There is no tcm

Monday, June 18th, 2012 AT 4:09 PM
  • Rasmataz

Scan the computer for code/s, also check fluid level, and throttle and cable adjustments

Disconnect electrical connector for overdrive switch and note switch terminal identification. See Fig. 16. Overdrive switch is mounted on driver's side of gearshift lever.
Depress overdrive switch to ON position. Using DVOM, ensure continuity exists between terminals No. 4 and 5. Depress overdrive switch to OFF position. Ensure continuity exists between terminals No. 5 and 6. Replace overdrive switch if continuity is not as specified.

Monday, June 18th, 2012 AT 8:10 PM