THE CAR IS STUCK IN PARK BUT IT STARTS JUST FINE.

2000 Hyundai Accent

Tericraig

December, 10, 2011 AT 10:36 PM

The little button on the side of the selector will not press in to get it out of Park. Is there a way to check the brake interlock switch? If that is even a consideration. Thank you

December, 10, 2011 AT 10:47 PM

Check if the brake lites are working if so have the shiftlock solenoid checked/tested

DrCranknWrench

December, 10, 2011 AT 11:03 PM

I am providing you with both the Interlock System Tests and Components Tests. All the component location desription charts and diagrams of them in break down view. Adjustement Procedures and Diagrams to show where and how to measure adjustemnts. Finally, the wiring diagram for the system. There is also an general overview of the system operation in the compnent tests.

Tericraig

December, 11, 2011 AT 2:54 AM

Thank you for the info, I will be on it first thing in the morning.

Tericraig

December, 11, 2011 AT 8:08 PM

You called it right thank you. What it was, the fuse for the brake lights was blown and that made it stuck in park. Would have never thought of that till after much head scratching. Awesome site!

DrCranknWrench

December, 13, 2011 AT 6:44 PM

Ras is amazing. As you can see we are eager to help so come back if you need help/advice and we will be here for you.

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars