THE CAR IS STUCK IN PARK BUT IT STARTS JUST FINE.

• Tericraig
  • 2000 Hyundai Accent

The little button on the side of the selector will not press in to get it out of Park. Is there a way to check the brake interlock switch? If that is even a consideration. Thank you

Saturday, December 10th, 2011 AT 10:36 PM

• rasmataz

Check if the brake lites are working if so have the shiftlock solenoid checked/tested

Saturday, December 10th, 2011 AT 10:47 PM
  • DrCranknWrench

I am providing you with both the Interlock System Tests and Components Tests. All the component location desription charts and diagrams of them in break down view. Adjustement Procedures and Diagrams to show where and how to measure adjustemnts. Finally, the wiring diagram for the system. There is also an general overview of the system operation in the compnent tests.

Saturday, December 10th, 2011 AT 11:03 PM
  • Tericraig

Thank you for the info, I will be on it first thing in the morning.

Sunday, December 11th, 2011 AT 2:54 AM
  • Tericraig

You called it right thank you. What it was, the fuse for the brake lights was blown and that made it stuck in park. Would have never thought of that till after much head scratching. Awesome site!

Sunday, December 11th, 2011 AT 8:08 PM
  • DrCranknWrench

Ras is amazing. As you can see we are eager to help so come back if you need help/advice and we will be here for you.

Tuesday, December 13th, 2011 AT 6:44 PM