WINDSHEILD WIPERS

2000 Honda Passport

hondapassport2000

January, 4, 2011 AT 4:38 AM

I have a 2000 honda passprt. When I use the wipers in the slowest setting they come up about a foot and stop. Fast and really fast work just fine. This problem also happens when I go to clean the windsheild. It works just fine and will do the job but then on the last go around when its done, on the way down they stick I the same spot about a foot up? It started out that it would happen every once in awhile on just the one setting on low and would power through it if you left it on but now it wont. And its all the time. Any idea?

fixitmr

January, 4, 2011 AT 6:45 AM

Might be time to get a new wiper motor. 11 yrs old now. They are fixed magnet motors and the magnets can deteriorate from heat exposure.

hondapassport2000

Ok thank you, do you mean the switch (wiper lever) and all behind the wheel. I looked up the switch for it and its costly. Or do you think just the wiper moter it self.

No, not the switch. Fixitmr meant the wiper motor itself.

You are referring to the intermittent position. Since operating the switch makes the wiper run but erratically, it indicates the switch is working correctly.

Does the wiper park correctly after using the low or high mode?

hondapassport2000

Well when you use the cleaning mode, no it stays up after a few passes. The high mode does not ever have a stopping point and low does not work it just comes up and stopes half way through.

fixitmr

January, 5, 2011 AT 7:04 AM

I meant just the motor.

Symptoms indicates a possible fault with the alarm & Relay Control Unit.

The schematics describes the location of wiper components.

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX