MY BATTERY HAD DIED AND DURING THE ATTEMPTED ...

2000 Honda Passport

rbriick

February, 1, 2013 AT 9:06 PM

My battery had died and during the attempted jump start, a fuse linkage blew: the main fuse(100 amp in the engine fuse box). I had to get a new battery and replaced the 100 amp linkage. The truck runs now but it appears that the #11 fuse (Instrument cluster/meter) in the fuse box inside the truck blew. None of the gauges work on the dash. I replaced that fuse and it blew again. I am assuming it is a short someplace. I removed the instrument cluster to look at the circuit board and it all looks fine. So, with all that being said, I am trying to find an electrical short that is causing fuse #11 on the inside fuse box to keep blowing. Is there a diagram of wiring flow that could tell me where the wires are coming from that flow through that specific fuse? Or a novice way to determine where this short is coming from? Any insight or likely cause is welcomed!

Docfixit

February, 1, 2013 AT 9:13 PM

Was polarity reversed during attempt to jump?

rbriick

February, 1, 2013 AT 9:18 PM

I only connected 1 side of the cables, so I suppose It could have been, but I can't say for certain

Docfixit

February, 1, 2013 AT 9:26 PM

Disconnect "A" terminal connector aon panel see if fuse stops blowing wires powered by fuse #11 are Yellow

rbriick

February, 1, 2013 AT 9:32 PM

Where do I find the "A" terminal connector aon panel

Docfixit

February, 1, 2013 AT 10:32 PM

Just un plug all if fuse stops blowing then fault in dash panel

Docfixit

February, 9, 2013 AT 6:12 PM

What happened?

Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011