FRONT BRAKE DISC
Removal & Installation
1. Raise and support vehicle. Remove wheels. Remove caliper assembly, and suspend it using wire. See FRONT BRAKE CALIPER.
2. Detach and remove two 6-mm disc retaining screws. Install two 8 x 1.25 x 12-mm bolts in existing holes. To prevent warpage, alternately turn bolts 2 turns at a time until disc can be removed from hub.
3. Clean disc of all rust, and inspect disc surfaces for cracks and grooves. Replace disc as necessary. To install, reverse removal procedure. Tighten retaining screws. Bleed hydraulic system (if necessary).
FRONT BRAKE CALIPER
1. Raise and support front of vehicle. Remove wheels.
2. Detach caliper guide pins or bolts, and remove caliper. DO NOT damage splash guard on upper caliper bolt side (if equipped) during removal. Remove disc pads, pad retainers, upper and lower anti-rattle springs and shim.
3. Remove caliper bracket holding bolts.
To install, reverse removal procedure.
Images (click to enlarge)
Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 AT 8:08 PM