CODE P0700 AND 70-03

• sandra cumbane
  • 2000 Honda HRV
  • automatic

My honda hrv 2000 shakes when I stop as it wants to go forward, it also accelerates by himself. I went for check and they found code p0700 and 70-03. I am not educated on this. Can you help me solve these problems?

Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 AT 8:55 AM

• KHLow2008

P0700 means the transmission control system has informed the Engine Control Unit (ECU or PCM ) that an error has been detected and the PCM turns the Malfunction Indicator (MIL) on.

As to 70-03, I am not sure what you are referring to as different code reader/scan tools would have different codes. I need the ODB-II code, as this is universal) to understand the problem.

The shaking and self accelerating should be due to engine surging when the idling speed moves up and down when transmission is in neutral. That could be due to insufficient coolant in system, fault in the idle control system or dirty throttle body and IAC.

Let me know of all the ODB-II codes and we shall see what we come up with.

Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 AT 8:32 PM
  • sed.alarmes

I have 2 erros 10-02 iat sensor circuit high voltage
70-03 a/t system malfuncion heelp

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 3:11 PM
  • KHLow2008

Code 70-03 is flash codes refering to a fault with the shift solenoid A of the transmission. OBD-II code would be more accureate in determining if it is stuck on or off.

Code 10-02 is a fault with the IAT. Check the connector and erase the trouble codes and retest to see if ptoblem comes back.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 6:17 PM