VIBRATION WHILE TAKING A LEFT BEND (TURNING LEFT)

2000 Honda Civic

ferio

December, 19, 2011 AT 3:34 PM

Want your help to sort out issue with my ek3 2000 auto.

About 3 months ago, when I inspect a car I saw, driver side CV boot damaged and grease had come out.
Then I replaced the driver side CV boot from reputed mechanic.
After about one or two weeks I felt there was a small vibration while taking a left bend (turning in to the left).
Steering wheel can feel it much better. I interchanged tires, front tires to rear. I did a wheel alignment. But it is still there.
It is noticeable while going up a hill and taking left bend with accelerator pressed. No any vibration when going straight and turning to right.
It is also noticeable when taking a left turn with high RPM (let’s say above 3000).
It only comes when turning to left.
Very much noticeable with the high RPM.

Thank you in advance.

December, 19, 2011 AT 5:02 PM

Check both side CV joint central nut torque. Improper torquing of the nut can result in freeplay of the wheel bearings and cause vibrations.

Have the inner CV joints checked as well. Excessive freeplay can also cause the problem.

ferio

December, 20, 2011 AT 2:06 PM

Thank You very much for the reply,
I want to know that, this freeplay can cause vibration only while turning left. (Taking left bend with bit high RPM)?

CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement
CV Axle Replacement
Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement