2000 HONDA ACCORD EGR VALVE VACCUM LEAK

• Manbug1
  • 2000 Honda Accord
  • automatic
  • 137 miles

So far I've been unable to fix a EGR vacuum leak on my 00 accord 4 cyl sedan. I've cleaned it, replaced gasket several times (after moving old gasket/residue) and tried two new EGR's with no success. After new gasket I waiting a couple of days hoping to get a better seal but when I smoked test the system again smoke is coming from the EGR stem area.

PS I've notice when I remove the egr the gasket is never sealed between the intake and egr; not sure why this is.

What could possibly be the problem?

Thursday, June 19th, 2014 AT 5:34 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Either something is stopping you from seating the EGR or there is something warped. Is the actual smoke coming from the gasket area? If so, try using 2 gaskets and make sure nothing is stopping it from seating.

Let me know if that helps.

Thursday, June 19th, 2014 AT 8:36 PM
  • Manbug1

The smoke is coming from the middle where the stem located. I get this when I've block everything off to build up some pressure with the smoke.

Friday, June 20th, 2014 AT 12:07 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

How much pressure is building? Is anything coming from the base gasket?

Friday, June 20th, 2014 AT 7:43 PM