ERG VALVE: VACCUM LEAK

2000 Honda Accord

Manbug1

June, 19, 2014 AT 5:34 PM

So far I've been unable to fix a EGR vacuum leak on my 00 accord 4 cyl sedan. I've cleaned it, replaced gasket several times (after moving old gasket/residue) and tried two new EGR's with no success. After new gasket I waiting a couple of days hoping to get a better seal but when I smoked test the system again smoke is coming from the EGR stem area.

PS I've notice when I remove the egr the gasket is never sealed between the intake and egr; not sure why this is.

What could possibly be the problem?

Jacobandnickolas

June, 19, 2014 AT 8:36 PM

Either something is stopping you from seating the EGR or there is something warped. Is the actual smoke coming from the gasket area? If so, try using 2 gaskets and make sure nothing is stopping it from seating.

Let me know if that helps.

Manbug1

June, 20, 2014 AT 12:07 AM

The smoke is coming from the middle where the stem located. I get this when I've block everything off to build up some pressure with the smoke.

Jacobandnickolas

June, 20, 2014 AT 7:43 PM

How much pressure is building? Is anything coming from the base gasket?