CAUTION: Refer to Battery Disconnect Caution in Service Precautions.
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
2. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
3. Remove the differential carrier shield mounting bolts, if equipped.
4. Remove the differential carrier shield, if equipped.
5. Remove the starter mounting bolts.
6. Disconnect the wires from the solenoid.
7. Remove the starter from the vehicle.
Note the location of the shims, if equipped.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
1. Connect the wires to the solenoid.
* Tighten the battery positive cable nut to 9 N.M (80 lb in).
* Tighten the engine wiring harness to starter nut to 1.9 N.M (17 lb in).
2. Install the starter and the inboard starter mounting bolt. Do not tighten.
3. Install the starter shims, if equipped.
4. Install the outboard starter mounting bolt.
Tighten the starter mounting bolts to 50 N.M (37 lb ft).
5. Install the differential carrier shield, if equipped.
6. Install the differential carrier shield mounting bolts, if equipped.
Tighten the differential carrier bolts to 25 N.M (18 lb ft).
7. Lower the vehicle.
8. Connect the battery negative cable.
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 11:58 PM