FRONT DRIVE AXLE VACUUM ACTUATOR SOLENOID VALVE?

• Justin Adair
  • 2000 GMC Jimmy

I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4X4 The Vacuum Actuator Solenoid Valve hoses are disconnected and dry rotted. I can not find a diagram where these hoses go. Can anyone please help. There is a picture of the solenoid valve in the link below.

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 2:39 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

I caon't find a schematic. However, from the actuator it should go to a vacuum canister near the transfer case.

+1
Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 2:46 AM
  • Justin Adair

Hopefully someone else will chime in and be able to help. Thanks! I heard something similar but that goes for 1 hose?

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 2:50 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

How many are disconnected or damaged?

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 2:56 AM
  • Justin Adair

As you can see by the image above there are 2 hose ports on the solenoid valve the top one goes somewhere on the passanger side and the bottom head over to the driver side and conncets to a splitter the hose directly across is damaged I can take pictures tomorrow. High quality.

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 3:00 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

Do that. I may be able to figure it out by looking. If I recall, one is going to a switch on the transfer case too. It is used to turn on the indicator light inside. The others are most likely to the canister and one to intake vacuum.

I'll do my best.

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 3:54 AM
  • Justin Adair

Okay I went out with a light and my phone and these are the best pictures I could get. The first picture is the acuator vacuum solenoid valve the second is the hose going to the drivers side and the third is the one on the passanger side.

+2
Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 4:12 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I can't see the intire picture because the message block (that I am presently typing in) covers it. I have asked another tech if he has access to the 4wd diagram. Lets see if he comes through.

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 4:30 AM
  • rivermikerat

Hey guys, this is the only vacuum diagram I could find.
Justin is right: one vacuum line will be supplying vacuum from the intake or a ported vacuum valve. The other side will go to the indicator and to the transfer case. What condition are the vacuum lines on the other side of the "T"?

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 5:33 AM
  • Justin Adair

Okay in the second picture I miscommunicated where the hose goes. The hose come from under the intake manifold towards the driver side the second T connection is where the hose goes from that solenoid valve. Thanks!

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 5:44 AM
  • Justin Adair

Okay I also forgot to note that the hose on the driver side constantl sucks air when the car is on and the one towards the passanger side only sucks when the 4X4 is turned on.

Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 6:03 AM