FRONT DRIVE AXLE VACUUM ACTUATOR SOLENOID VALVE?

2000 GMC Jimmy

Justin Adair

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:39 AM

I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy 4X4 The Vacuum Actuator Solenoid Valve hoses are disconnected and dry rotted. I can not find a diagram where these hoses go. Can anyone please help. There is a picture of the solenoid valve in the link below.

Front Axle

Rear Axle Question/problem

Jacobandnickolas

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:46 AM

I caon't find a schematic. However, from the actuator it should go to a vacuum canister near the transfer case.

Justin Adair

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:50 AM

Hopefully someone else will chime in and be able to help. Thanks! I heard something similar but that goes for 1 hose?

Jacobandnickolas

September, 26, 2011 AT 2:56 AM

How many are disconnected or damaged?

Justin Adair

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:00 AM

As you can see by the image above there are 2 hose ports on the solenoid valve the top one goes somewhere on the passanger side and the bottom head over to the driver side and conncets to a splitter the hose directly across is damaged I can take pictures tomorrow. High quality.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 26, 2011 AT 3:54 AM

Do that. I may be able to figure it out by looking. If I recall, one is going to a switch on the transfer case too. It is used to turn on the indicator light inside. The others are most likely to the canister and one to intake vacuum.

I'll do my best.

Justin Adair

September, 26, 2011 AT 4:12 AM

Okay I went out with a light and my phone and these are the best pictures I could get. The first picture is the acuator vacuum solenoid valve the second is the hose going to the drivers side and the third is the one on the passanger side.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 26, 2011 AT 4:30 AM

I can't see the intire picture because the message block (that I am presently typing in) covers it. I have asked another tech if he has access to the 4wd diagram. Lets see if he comes through.

rivermikerat

September, 26, 2011 AT 5:33 AM

Hey guys, this is the only vacuum diagram I could find.
Justin is right: one vacuum line will be supplying vacuum from the intake or a ported vacuum valve. The other side will go to the indicator and to the transfer case. What condition are the vacuum lines on the other side of the "T"?

Justin Adair

September, 26, 2011 AT 5:44 AM

Okay in the second picture I miscommunicated where the hose goes. The hose come from under the intake manifold towards the driver side the second T connection is where the hose goes from that solenoid valve. Thanks!

Justin Adair

September, 26, 2011 AT 6:03 AM

Okay I also forgot to note that the hose on the driver side constantl sucks air when the car is on and the one towards the passanger side only sucks when the 4X4 is turned on.

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Level Check