WHEN USED ON THE INTERMITTENT SETTING THE WIPERS...

• Anonymous
  • 2000 Ford Windstar

When used on the intermittent setting, the wipers do not complete a complete sweep and stop at a random position during their sweep. If operated at continuous sweep for a few minutes then returned to intermittent operation, the wipers stop at the proper sweep position during each sweep. Then after a few minutes, they again stop at random positions. The wipers operate normally on the low and high speed continuous setting.

Is the sweep position determined in the wiper motor assembly or is there some external switch or sensor that determines the wiper sweep position? In other words, if I replace the wiper motor, will I eliminate the random position when using the intermittent setting?

Thank you.

Sunday, March 17th, 2013 AT 1:49 PM

• hmac300

You can replace the circuit board that contorls park and intemittent speeds ont eh wiper without the motor replacement. They run aroudn $50-75

Sunday, March 17th, 2013 AT 3:08 PM