ITS HARD TO STEER AFTER REPLACING POWER STEERING...

2000 Ford Windstar

Anonymous

October, 18, 2012 AT 1:07 AM

It's hard to steer after replacing power steering pump and rack and pinion and the hose and I still cant steer properly
What's the problem?

Rack And Pinion

Rack And Pinion

1 IMAGE

October, 18, 2012 AT 2:51 AM

Are you sure they were both bad to begin with? Parts like tie rods, ball joints and strut, mounts can also be the cause

donnaalger

October, 18, 2012 AT 9:22 PM

There are some major recalls on the windstar (i have an 01 windstar). One of the recalls has to do with loss of steering. There is one having to do with the frame / subframe? Rusting out due to dripping from a/c. There is another for axles breaking due to rust and hairline fractures in the rear axle. My local dealer didn't even know how to do the inspections correctly. I'd search online for ford's recall info which includes their documentation. They are buying back some cars that meet certain criteria. Buy back amt according to their documentation is 1.5% book value but they'll give you a lowball offer. Just make a counteroffer and cite their documentation. You'll find that info in their documentation. Be safe.

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Replace Tie Rod End